- Joining Classes
- Social Mission
- Our Practices
Introduction to Transformation Arts Yi Jin Jing (Kung Fu Yoga) "Muscle Tendon Change Classics"
If you like this video, and want to join a class, please check our calendar to see if its available. If not, please contact us and request a new class.
The basic purpose of Yijin Jing is to turn flaccid and frail sinews and tendons into strong and sturdy ones. The movements of Yijin Jing are at once vigorous and gentle. Their performance calls for a unity of will and strength, i.e. using one's will to direct the exertion of muscular strength. It is coordinated with breathing. Better muscles and tendons means better health and shape, more resistance, flexibility, and endurance. It is obtained as follows:
* postures influence the static and nervous structure of the body
* stretching muscles and sinews affects organs, joints, meridians and Qi
* torsion affects metabolism and Jing production
* breathing produces more and better refined Qi
* active working gives back balance and strength to body and mind (brain, nervous system and spirit).